For the purpose of the processing personal data, we may engage data processors and/or, at its sole discretion, hire other persons to perform certain functions on behalf of Alphabets international College. In such cases, we shall take necessary measures to ensure that such data is processed by the personal data processors in accordance with instructions of and applicable European Union legislation. Shall also require the personal data processors to implement appropriate measures for the security of personal data. In such cases, we shall ensure that such persons will be subject to the non-disclosure obligation and will not be able to use this information for any other purpose, except to the extent necessary to perform the functions assigned to them.
ACCEPTANCE AND USE
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
“Personal data” means any information that enables us to identify you or the beneficiary of your transaction with us, directly or indirectly, such as name, email, address, telephone number, any form of identification number or one or more factors specific to your or your beneficiary’s identity.
We are committed to complying with applicable data protection laws and will ensure that personal data is:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
- Accurate and kept up to date;
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about;
- Kept securely.
DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Alphabets international College may collect two (2) types of information about you: personal and non-personal.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU (PIPEDA)
According to the federal personal information protection and electronic documents act, 2000 (PIPEDA), “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual. The information you provide to Alphabets international College is considered personal information it is possible to relate it back to you through your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and any other information that can identify you. Whenever possible, Alphabets international College works with anonymous information. This privacy statement does not apply to anonymous information.
Summary of Personal Information and uses
Alphabets international College as a Company
Alphabets international College may collect or obtain Personal Data about you, if you are located outside of the United States or Canada this information may be transferred from a location outside of Canada to other regions through the following methods:
- directly from you (e.g., where you contact us); in the course of our relationship with you (e.g., if you make a purchase);
- when you make your Personal Information public,
- when you visit our website; when you register to use any part of the Courses;
- when you volunteer Personal Data about yourself in public areas of the Services; when you interact with any third party content or advertising;
We may also receive Personal Information about you from third parties.
Purposes of Data Collection
For data collection methods as described for Alphabets international College as a Company the following examples of uses of this Personal Information may be used for:
- Provision of Services to you
- Offering and Improving the Service
- Completing your Order
- User Engagement
- Lead Generation
- Legal Compliance
TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Personally Identifiable Information (PII). We acquire PII that may include, in certain contexts, your name, postal address, zip code, email address, and telephone number. We also acquire your IP address, User ID, and/or Device ID, which certain jurisdictions consider to be PII because it could be used to identify an individual or Device if it were combined with other identifying information.
Registration. Prior to using one or more of the Alphabets international College materials, Alphabets international College may require certain personal information and non-personal information to create a user account (“account”) or to enable features or functionality of the Alphabets international College materials. Failure to provide all required information required by Alphabets international College may prevent access to any or all Alphabets international College materials, and failure to maintain accurate information may result in suspension or termination of access to any or all Alphabets international College materials.
Sensitive PII. In certain circumstances, such as when purchasing a courses, you may provide a credit, debit, or payment account number, or other payment information to our payment gateway provider such as PayPal and Stripe which we recognize as more sensitive than other PII. We generally do not request on or through the Courses other Data that is often considered “highly sensitive,” such as other financial account information (e.g., credit report information, bank account numbers), or government issued identification numbers (e.g., social security number, drivers’ license number, or passport number), although we reserve the right to do so when such Data is necessary to offer you certain courses.
Anonymous Data. Some of the Data that we acquire cannot identify, distinguish or trace you or your Device, even if combined with other identifying information, and some Data that could be considered PII when combined with other identifying information is not used in a way that identifies, distinguishes or traces you or your Device, but is instead used in an anonymous way, often aggregated with other anonymous Data about other users.
Non-personal information refers to information that, by itself, does not identify you as a specific individual (e.g. demographic information or web site visitations). Alphabets international College may collect non-personal information through any of the methods discussed above as well as automatically through use of industry standard technologies described further below.
INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH TECHNOLOGY
While you are able to visit the Alphabets international College site and remain anonymous, Alphabets international College or its third party courses providers may still collect non-personal information about your use of the Alphabets international College materials (e.g. Your internet browser, operating system, ip address, connection speed, and the domain name of your internet courses provider). Such information may be gathered by the following methods:
- Cookies, including local shared objects, are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive which work by assigning to your computer a unique number that has no meaning outside of the Alphabets international College site. Cookies do not generally contain any personal information. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually configure your browser to prevent this. Not accepting cookies may make certain features of the Alphabets international College materials unavailable to you.
- IP address. You may visit many areas of the Alphabets international College site anonymously without the need to become a registered user. Even in such cases, Alphabets international College may collect ip addresses automatically. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you begin courses with an internet courses provider. Each time you access the Alphabets international College site and each time you request one of Alphabets international College’ pages, the server logs your ip address.
- Beacons. Beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in web pages and e-mails. Alphabets international College may use these technical methods in html e-mails that Alphabets international College sends to users to determine whether they have opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that constitutes personal information.
- Tracking content usage. If you use the Alphabets international College courses and you post audio visual materials including, without limitation, text, logos, artwork, graphics, pictures, advertisements, sound and other related intellectual property contained in such materials (collectively, “content”) to your app site or to a third party app site, Alphabets international College tracks and captures non-personal information associated with user accounts and the use of content.
OTHER INFORMATION YOU MAY SUBMIT
You may submit data to us for limited purposes such as requesting customer support; answering a questionnaire; participating in a study; entering contests or sweepstakes; or signing up to receive communications from us or another user.
PAYMENT PROCESSING AND PAYMENT PROCESSOR
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Identification and authentication:we use your data to verify you when you access your account.
- Communicating with you:we use your data when we communicate with you (e.g., when we respond to a customer support or other inquiry).
- Improving our courses:we use your data to understand how our courses are being used and how we can improve them. In general, we analyze aggregated data, rather than specific user data. We may, however, need to analyze a specific case to address a specific problem (e.g., a bug that affects only a few accounts).
- Customizing your experience:we use your data to personalize the courses to you. This may include remembering your preferences for language or volume or displaying app that you might enjoy, based upon your viewing choices.
- Marketing and advertising:we use your data to display ads and send you offers. We may also use your data in delivering third-party advertisements to you. This may include “targeted ads” based upon your activities.
- Exercising our rights:where reasonably necessary, we use your data to exercise our legal rights and prevent abuse of our courses. For example, we may use your data to detect and prevent fraud, spam, or content that violates our terms of courses.
- Legal compliance:we use your data where we are legally required to do so. For example, we may need to gather your data to respond to a subpoena or court order.
- Protecting your information:where appropriate, we may anonymize, backup, and delete certain data.
We may use algorithms and other automated means to implement any of the above.
REMARKETING ON THE WEBSITE AND COURSES
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR DATA
We share data with third parties as follows:
- With your consent:we may share your data with third parties where we have obtained your express consent to do so. You may revoke these consents.
- Authorized vendors:we may share your data with third-party vendors that help us operate our courses, process payments, and comply with your instructions and our contractual obligations. This includes payment processors, content delivery networks (cdns), cloud-based hosting courses, monitoring courses, email courses providers, quality assurance and testing vendors, fraud and abuse prevention vendors, customer relations management (crm) vendors
- Advertising:we may share your data with advertising companies to display relevant ads to you. Unless you expressly agree, we will not share or sell your name, email address, or physical address with such persons.
- Analytics:we may share your data with persons who provide analytics showing how customers are using our courses.
- Affiliates and advisors:we may share your data with our affiliates company, and our auditors and advisors for planning, financial reporting, accounting, auditing, tax filings, and legal compliance. Unless you expressly agree, we will not share your data with our parent or any affiliate for other purposes, such as direct marketing.
- Certain legal situations:we may share your data where we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or in connection with a corporate transaction.
- Aggregated or anonymized information:we may publicly disclose non-personal aggregated or anonymized information such as our number of visitors and registered users.
We retain your data for as long as you have an account. When you close an account, we will delete your personal information. We may retain logs of automatically collected information (for internal analytics); your email address; your tax information; communications with you; and your transactional information (for auditing, tax, and financial purposes). When we no longer have a business reason for retaining data, we will delete or anonymize it.
If we receive legal process pertaining to your account, we will retain your data for as long as we in good faith believe is necessary to comply with the legal process. Similarly, if we believe that your account has been involved in wrongdoing, we may preserve your data to defend or assert our rights.
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
We enable you to make numerous choices about your data:
- You may choose not to provide us with certain information. For example, you may choose not to create an account or not to provide optional account information.
- You may change your account and video privacy settings. You may change or correct information voluntarily submitted to us. We encourage you to keep your data current by viewing your settings page.
- You may opt out of receiving commercial emails from us.
- You may close your account
- Users from certain countries may have additional rights.
SECURITY MEASURES FOR SAFEGUARDING YOUR INFORMATION
Alphabets international College takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal information. These include, but are not limited to, internal reviews of: (a) Alphabets international College’s data collection; (b) storage and processing practices; (c) electronic security measures; and (d) physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where Alphabets international College stores personal information. All Alphabets international College employees, contractors and agents who access personal information are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution or unauthorized use or disclosure of personal information.
THIRD-PARTY APP SITE AND LINKS
The Alphabets international College contents may contain links to third parties who may collect personal information and non-personal information directly from you. Additionally, Alphabets international College may use third parties to provide components of the Alphabets international College contents. In either case, such third parties may have separate privacy policies and data collection practices, independent of Alphabets international College. Alphabets international College: (a) has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions; (b) is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such website; and (c) does not make any warranties or representations about the contents, products or courses offered on such website or the security of any information you provide to them
CALIFORNIA / DELAWARE DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURES
Various third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online courses (e.g., browser do not track signals). Currently, Alphabets international College do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms.
By creating an account, you consent to receive commercial emails from us. This includes newsletters and offers. Users from certain countries may have the ability to opt out or opt in at the time of account creation. All users may decline to receive commercial messages in their account settings. Please note that any opt-out request may take several days to process and you will continue to receive transactional emails from us (e.g., emails confirming transactions and/or providing information about your account).
We are committed to maintaining the security of your personal data and have measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the data under our control. We employ modern and secure techniques to protect our systems from intrusion by unauthorized individuals, and we regularly upgrade our security as better methods become available.
Our data centers and those of our partners utilize modern physical security measures to prevent unauthorized access to the facility. In addition, all personal data is stored in a secure location behind firewalls and other sophisticated security systems with limited (need-to-know) administrative access.
All our employees who have access to, or are associated with, the processing of personal data are contractually obligated to respect the confidentiality of your data and abide by the privacy standards we have established. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Therefore, although we use industry standard practices to protect your privacy, we cannot (and do not) guarantee the absolute security of personal data.
The Website may offer chat rooms, Chatbots, forums, message boards, or news groups to users. It is important to remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information. Accordingly, as with any public forum, you should exercise extreme caution when deciding whether to disclose your personal information.
GDPR STATEMENT FOR (EEA USERS)
This applies only to natural persons residing in the European economic area (for the purpose of this section only, “you” or “your” shall be limited accordingly). It is Alphabets international College’s policy to comply with the EU’S general data protection regulation (GDPR). In accordance with the GDPR, we may transfer your personal information from your home country to the United States (or other countries) based upon the following legal frameworks:
- Legitimate business interests:we could not provide our courses or comply with our obligations to you without transferring your personal information to the United States
- Consent: we may transfer your personal information when we receive your express, revocable consent.
- Our use of standard contractual clauses (also known as “model clauses”) where appropriate.
We enable exercise of these rights primarily through our courses (which we reserve the right to modify). We also fulfil our obligations in response to direct requests. We will endeavor to process requests within one month. Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to the extent that they would cause us to violate any law or infringe any other person’s rights. We reserve the right to request appropriate identification. We will process requests free of charge unless they would impose an unreasonable cost on us.
If you have a request, complaint or inquiry, please contact our data protection officer at the address listed below. We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any issue. You also have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory data protection authority of your jurisdiction.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS CONSUMER ACT CCPA
California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal
Information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to: Info@alphabetscollege.com
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, please see the section below headed “Additional Information for users in the European Economic Area” for further information about your privacy rights.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENT RIGHTS (CCPA)
If you are a California resident who has provided us with your Personal Information during the creation of or during the course of establishing a relationship that is primarily for personal, family, or household purposes, you may, once per calendar year, request information regarding our disclosure of certain categories of your Personal Information. Specifically, pursuant to California Civil Code 1798.83 (the “Shine the Light” law), we will provide you a list of the categories of Personal Information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. You must submit your request to us either by our e-mail address
Your Personal Information, may be transferred to, and maintained on, systems located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. If you are located outside Vancouver BC Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to Canada and process it there. If you are in the EU, in transferring your Personal Information to countries outside of the EU, we will take appropriate steps to ensure that such recipients act in accordance with applicable laws.
To the extent that we transfer the personal data to recipients who are located outside the European Union or the European Economic Area, we will provide an adequate level of protection of your personal data, including appropriate technical and organizational security measures and through the implementation of appropriate contractual measures to secure such transfer, in compliance with applicable law. See our Privacy Shield disclosure, below, for further information about our self-certification under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
PRIVACY COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
Where you believe that we have not complied with our obligations under this Privacy Notice, or the applicable law, you may have the right to make a complaint to a relevant Data Protection Authority or through the courts. Although not required, we would encourage you to let us know about any complaint you might have and Alphabets international College will respond in line with our complaints procedure – our contact details are set out in the contact us section below.
We want to deal with your concerns fairly, effectively and promptly. However, some complaints are more complex than others and may take some time to investigate.
- We will acknowledge your complaint promptly after receiving it
- We will keep you informed throughout any investigation
In order to assist in the speedy resolution of any complaint you may have, it’s important that we understand your complaint fully. Sometimes this means we may ask you to address your concerns to us in writing. This can be either by email or post to the addresses. We have established internal procedures for investigating any complaint, which may also involve experienced members of staff from Alphabets international College Companies considering or investigation the complaint. Where appropriate, the complaint will be dealt with by someone who was not directly involved in the matter which is the subject of your complaint. The member of staff will either have authority to settle your complaint or will have ready access to someone who has the authority. Our response will fully address the subject matter of your complaint and, if appropriate, will offer redress. If you phone us during our investigation and the member of staff handling your complaint is not available, then another member of our team will try to assist you.
Unless applicable data protection laws require responses within shorter timescales, we will try to resolve any privacy complaints you have within 15 business days of receiving your complaint and in exceptional circumstances, within 35 business days (and we will let you know if this is the case).
As noted above, if you are not satisfied with our reply/outcome, or otherwise with the handling of the complaint, you may have the right to lodge a claim before a relevant Data Protection Authority or the courts.
CONTACT ALPHABETS INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE